Pebbles for Africa
Gravel and Pebble Supplier
Over the last decade pebbles and gravel have become increasingly popular as an added feature in landscapes. This attractive medium is also very popular in driveways, pathways and any area where a “normal” garden just won’t grow.
Gravel is a crush derived from mined rock and crushed into various sizes and has been around for decades.
Pebbles fall under two main categories namely tumbled and river pebbles;
Tumbled pebbles are derived from mined rock that is then tumbled in huge tumblers to form round pebbles.
River pebbles are collected both from dry rivers and actual rivers; they are a natural occurring product that blends beautifully into any landscape. These pebbles are collected under license in rural areas, providing economical relief to the local inhabitants of these communities.
How many bags do you need?
- To calculate the square meters of the area you need to cover measure the length and the width and multiply those figures together. I.E. L X W=m²
- Generally pebbles come in what is called a 20kg bag, but the weight can vary quite a bit as different stone has different weights.
- Extra-small and small pebbles 20mm to 40mm. You will need 3 bags (approximately 50 to 60kg) of pebbles per square meter.
- Medium pebbles 50mm to 65mm. You will require 4 bags (approximately 70 to 80kg) per square meter.
- Large and extra-large pebbles 70mm to 130mm. You will require between 5 and 6 bags (90 to 120kg) per square meter.
How to contact us
Operating Hours: 5 days a week, Monday to Friday 8am – 5:00 pm.*
*On every alternate Friday we close at 2 pm. Closed on weekends and public holidays.
We would appreciate notification prior to your visit.